06 December 2013
Directors: George Butler, Robert Fiore
Writers: Charles Gaines (book), George Butler (book)
Genre: Documentary, Sport
Duration: 85 min
Stars: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, Matty Ferrigno
From Gold's Gym in Venice Beach California to the showdown in Pretoria, amateur and professional bodybuilders prepare for the 1975 Mr. Olympia and Mr. Universe contests in this part-scripted, part-documentary film. Five-time champion Arnold Schwarzenegger defends his Mr. Olympia title against Serge Nubret and the shy young deaf Lou Ferrigno, whose father is his coach; the ruthless champ psyches out the young lion. Sardinian Franco Columbu competes in the lightweight class; at home in Italy he solves a tight parking problem by lifting the car into place. Joe Weider is the marketer; Mike Katz and Ken Waller go for the title of Mr. Universe. Bodybuilding and a celebrity-to-be go mainstream.
05 December 2013
Director: Richard LeMay
Writer: Richard LeMay
Duration: 84 min
Stars: Benjamin Weaver, Karmine Alers, S. Lue McWilliams, Ryan Vigilant, Sturgis Adams
Na imanju zatiču nepoznatog mladića Teda koji živi sa bolesnom majkom, pomaže joj i održava kuću.
Lilly i Eliot živeći otuđeno od majke shvataju da su izgubili porodičnu povezanost i da osim što ne poznaju jedni druge, ne poznaju ni sami sebe.
04 December 2013
Director: Gary Entin
Writers: Edmund Entin (screenplay), Brent Hartinger (novel)
Genre: Comedy, Coming Out
Duration: 80 min
Stars: Cameron Deane Stewart, Meaghan Martin, Justin Deeley
Ovaj tinejdžerski film iz produkcije Huffington Pictures nije baš priča za balkansko područje ali interesantno bi ga bilo vidjeti na našim televizijama uz neki propratni talk show kao podrška mladim gejevima i gay zajednici u cjelini.
Zgodnjikavi 16-godišnji Russel, zvjezda školskog fudbalskog tima pokušava da izbjegne nabacivanje školskih cura dok se potajno viđa sa takođe popularnim školskim sportistom godine Kevinom.
Međutim osjeća da to što radi nije u redu i vrijeme nakon nastave provodi u školskom geografskom klubu u kojem se potajno okupljaju gejevi koji međusobno razgovaraju o svojim željama, strahovima i razmišljanjima.
Nakon što cura povrijeđene sujete cjeloj školi objavila da je Russel gay, situacija se dramatično mjenja. Podsmjeh i poruga postaju svakodnevnica sa kojom se treba izboriti i sačuvati dostojanstvo. Russel sa prijateljima iz geografskog kluba osniva sekciju za podršku LGBT učenika.
Iako je nezamislivo da u našim školama postoje takvi gay klubovi i sekcije, film bi mogao biti korisno zabavno štivo za gej ali i str8 učenike u srednjim školama.
Nebih sada propagirao coming out za mlade gejeve, posebno ne onima u srednjim školama na balkanu ili manjim mjestima gdje tolerancija nije nešto čime se možemo pohvaliti ali preporučio bih momcima koji osjećaju da ih više privlače drugari iz škole nego cure da budu opušteni i prikažu sebe ne kao geja već kao osobu vrijednu prijateljstva i poštovanja. Uz prave prijatelje je lakše biti iskren i donijeti odluke koje će vam promjeniti život.
"GEOGRAPHY CLUB" is based on Brent Hartinger's best-selling critically acclaimed novel. "What am I looking for?" 16-year old Russell Middlebrook asks himself as he heads off on his newest adventure. Russell is still going on dates with girls. Kevin will do anything to prevent his football teammates from finding out what he is concealing. Min and Terese tell everyone they're really just good friends. And then there's Ike who can't figure out who he is or who he wants to be. But the truth is too hard to hide-at least from each other-so they form the Geography Club.
Nobody else will discover the truth about them as no other students in their right mind would ever want to join as geography sounds so boring. Their secrets will be safe from their classmates. But are they? "Geography Club" is a smart, fast, moving and funny account of contemporary teenagers as they discover their own sexual identities, dreams and values and not merely live out their parents' desires and ambitions.
Russell, Kevin, Min, Terese and Ike may not learn about actual places in their undercover social club, but they daringly explore the danger-filled clique-mined landscape of Goodkind High School and courageously begin their journey in the exciting, still uncharted terrain of the human heart.
The film is produced by Huffington Pictures' Michael Huffington (ex-husband of Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington) and follows a group of high schoolers who are discovering their own sexual identities -- along with their dreams and ambitions in life.
“This universal story of each of us finding our true selves will resonate with anyone who attended high school for decades to come," says Huffington. "We are delighted that Breaking Glass Pictures is joining forces with our team to bring this entertaining and meaningful movie to the public.”
- Big Gay Picture Show — Geography Club
- The Backlot — Cameron Deane Stewart Brings ‘Geography Club’s’ Russel Middlebrook To Life
- CBS’s The Talk — Ana Gasteyer on ‘Geography Club’
- New York Times — Closeted High School Romances: Gay Students Find Support in ‘Geography Club’
- GLAAD — Director Gary Entin speaks with GLAAD about his new film ‘Geography Club’ and bullying
- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network — GLSEN Talks with ‘Geography Club’ Star Nikki Blonsky
- Word & Film — Talking About Kevin: ‘Geography Club’ Lands On Screen
- Huffington Post — Cameron Deane Stewart, Actor, Discusses ‘Geography Club’
- The Advocate — The Appeal of Being Unique
- AfterEllen — Ally Maki and Nikki Blonsky talk playing girlfriends in ‘Geography Club’
- Glitter Magazine — Interview with Nikki Blonsky from ‘Geography Club’
- CBS Los Angeles — Actor Cameron Deane Stewart Discusses ‘Geography Club’
- Village Voice — YA Adaptation ‘Geography Club’ Handles Serious Issues With a Light Touch
- Seventeen — If you’re over being labeled, you’ll love this movie
- Entertainment Tonight — Nikki Blonsky: I’m Bullied Every Day
- Broadway World — Nikki Blonsky Stars in Geography Club, Coming to Theaters 11/15
- Photos: Author Brent Hartinger on the set of Geography Club
- WBOC-TV 16 — Movie Review - Geography Club
- Shine On Media — Behind the scenes at the Zooey Magazine photoshoot (teaser)
- Glitter Magazine — Interview with Cameron Deane Stewart on Geography Club
- Glitter Magazine — Interview with Meaghan Martin on her role in Geography Club
- Glitter Magazine — Interview with Justin Deeley on his role in Geography Club
- Just Jared Jr. — Ally Maki Talks ‘Geography Club’
- OK! Magazine — OK! First Look: Meaghan Martin Talks About Her New High School Movie Starring Alex Newell, Nikki Blonsky And More
- Hearts & Foxes — Exclusive! Meaghan Martin Spills On ‘Geography Club!’
- Clevver — Meaghan Martin & Cameron Deane Stewart: ‘Geography Club’ Trailer
- Young Hollywood — Q&A: Actor Justin Deeley
- Berkshire on Stage — Wide opening for ‘Geography Club’ — one of year’s best LGBT films
- The Daily Grind — Independent Gay Film ‘Geography Club’ Stars Glee’s Alex Newell
- Huffington Post — ‘Geography Club’ Adds ‘Glee’ Star Alex Newell To Cast
- Huffington Post — ‘Geography Club’ Film Explores Closeted Gay High School Love
- Glitter Magazine — Geography Club, out in theaters on November 15th, tackles anti-bullying
- USA Today — Acclaimed YA novel ‘Geography Club’ comes to theaters
- Towelroad — ‘Geography Club,’ About Secret Support Group For Gay Teens, Heading To Theaters
- DNA Magazine — Trailer: Geography Club — New Gay Teen Movie
- Indiewood/Hollywoodn’t — Breaking Glass Pictures, Huffington Pictures & Shoreline Entertainment Bring ‘Geography Club’ to Select Theaters on November 15
- Queerty — New Film Explores Secret Gay Love On High School Football Team
- battleroyalewithcheese — Geography Club Trailer & Poster
03 December 2013
Director: James Hale
Duration: 60 min
Stars: Jarvis Cocker, David Bowie, Marc Almond, Rodney Bingenheimer, Trevor Bolder, John Cambridge
Both a visual flashback and a telling of the life and birth of the alter ego that was David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust.
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is arguably the most important album in the mind-blowing career of David Bowie. Released in 1972, it's the record that set the mercurial musician on course to becoming one of the best-known pop stars on the planet. In just over a year, Bowie's messianic Martian invaded the minds of the nation's youth with a killer combination of extraterrestrial rock 'n' roll and outrageous sexuality, all delivered in high-heeled boots, multi-coloured dresses and extravagant make-up. In Bowie's own words, Ziggy was 'a cross between Nijinsky and Woolworths', but this unlikely culture clash worked - Ziggy turned Bowie into stardust.
This documentary tells the story of how Bowie arrived at one of the most iconic creations in the history of pop music. The songs, the hairstyles, the fashion and the theatrical stage presentation that merged together to turn David Bowie into the biggest craze since the Beatles. Ziggy's instant success gave the impression that he was the perfectly-planned pop star. But, as the film reveals, it had been a momentous struggle for David Bowie to hit on just the right formula that would take him to the top.
Narrated by fan Jarvis Cocker, it reveals Bowie's mission to the stars through the musicians and colleagues who helped him in his unwavering quest for fame - a musical voyage that led Bowie to doubt his true identity, eventually forcing the sudden demise of his alien alter ego, Ziggy.
Contributors include Trevor Bolder (bass player, Spiders from Mars), Woody Woodmansey (drummer, Spider from Mars), Mike Garson (Spiders' keyboardist), Suzi Ronson (Mick Ronson's widow, who gave Bowie that haircut), Ken Scott (producer), Elton John (contemporary and fan), Lindsay Kemp (Bowie's mime teacher), Leee Black Childers (worked for Mainman, Bowie's production company), Cherry Vanilla (Bowie's PA/press officer), George Underwood (Bowie's friend), Mick Rock (Ziggy's official photographer), Steve Harley, Marc Almond, Holly Johnson, Peter Hook, Jon Savage, Peter Doggett and Dylan Jones
02 December 2013
Director: Billy Hayes
Writers: Richard Crowe (play), Richard Zajdlic (play), Billy Hayes
Genre: Drama, Sport
Duration: 106 min
Stars: Brian Austin Green, Bret Roberts, Wendy Fowler, Greg Mullaver, John Prosky,Darin Heames
Billy Hayes' drama Cock & Bull Story concerns boxers struggling with their sexual instincts. Set in working-class New Jersey, the film stars Bret Roberts as Travis, a young fighter on the rise. Those close to him, especially his trainer Pascoe (Greg Mullavey), object to Travis hanging around best friend Jacko (Brian Austin Green). Perpetually the subject of rumors concerning his sexual orientation, Travis ends up unwittingly taking part in a gay bashing incident. Jacko begins hiding out from tough guy Dumiak (Darin Heames). Even though he has a girlfriend, Annie (Wendy Fowler), Travis admits that his style of boxing may have something to do with his hidden homosexual yearnings. Cock & Bull Story was screened at the 2003 San Francisco Lesbian & Gay Festival. ~ Perry Seibert, Rovi
01 December 2013
"Freier Fall" (original title)
Director: Stephan Lacant
Writers: Stephan Lacant (screenplay), Karsten Dahlem (screenplay)
Duration: 100 min
Stars: Hanno Koffler, Max Riemelt, Attila Borlan, Katharina Schüttler, Stephanie Schönfeld, Oliver Bröcker
Ali svaka priča ima dva kraja i sebično bi bilo sve posmatrati pederskim očima. Svaka ljubav i veza zahtijeva nešto čega se moramo odreći. Obično je to nešto na šta smo navikli ili neko ko nam je do tada mnogo značio. Ljubav nije krtola kako bi rekli naši stari i ne postoje jednostavna pravila kako se treba ponašati da bi nam se želje ispunile. A životna pravila koja nam nemeće porodica i okruženje u kojem smo odrasli definitivno nisu ona koja će nas usrećiti ukoliko ne poslušamo svoje srce.
30 November 2013
Director: Tony Piccirillo
Writer: Tony Piccirillo (play)
Genre: Drama, Thriller
Duration: 92 min
Stars: James Marsden, Scott Speedman, Sofía Vergara, Barry Papick, Charles J. Corrado Jr., Jarvis W. George, Scott Roman
Svoga će zatočenika, homoseksualca Dana (J. Marsden), pustiti ukoliko krvna pretraga bude negativna. Ukoliko se pak dokaže da je riječ o neodgovornom širitelju smrtonosne bolesti, opravdano bijesni domaćin će ga ubiti.
Tom (Scott Speedman) and Dan (James Marsden) meet in a bar and then proceed to Tom's apartment together. While there, Dan realizes that he had been in that same apartment before.
27 November 2013
Stars: Christy Geslain, Alison Haislip, Cameron Northey
In this short comedic gay film with a group of guys go to coffee shop where the EX- girlfriend of one of the guys will also be present. He soon discovers his attraction to his EX girlfriend confident gay friend and clearly wants to do something about it.